Hello everyone! My latest "This Is Me" album project is back and I'm thrilled! I love, love, love this project. Why? Because we ALL have amazing and wonderful lives. But as scrapbookers and memory keepers, we are
usually the best at being our family's historian of sorts ... not necessarily our own.
We document all the important moments and take pictures at every event and holiday. But ... how often do we focus on ourselves? How often do we tell our own story? Um, rarely. Yes, we are part of our family's and friends' stories but sometimes we leave out the details about the person behind the camera. It feels strange to some of us to scrapbook about ourselves, especially when we barely have enough time to get everyone else's pages done. But the phrase I built my company around rings true ... someday, someone may want, or need, to know.
I lost my mom to breast cancer when I was 19 yrs old. There have been so many times in my life when I wish I knew how my mom felt about things ... things that as a teenager, I never thought to ask her because I thought she'd always be there to tell me.
And who better to tell our story than us? Our lives might be fun, complicated, happy, messy, painful, motivating or silly. We might not like our handwriting, or how we look in photos ... but I can promise you this, my sister and I don't care what our mom's handwriting looks like, or whether her shoes matched her dress in a photo ... because all of those things are part of her story that we wish we knew.
- Project Length: 3 months (January - March 2021)
- 53 participants
- Theme: YOUR story, your life today, in 2021.
- Private Facebook group for kit information, sharing and ideas
- 3 Video and/or Zoom Meetings
- Price: 1 payment of $95 (free shipping each month)
- Month 1:
- In month one, we will set up our album cover and start the first section
- Me, My Typical Day
- The World Around Me
- Favorites & Feelings
- You will receive the album, supplies for the cover, the first section and ALL of your embellishments for the entire album
- Month 2:
- In month 2 we will work on additional pages for our album
- Family, Pets
- You will receive a small add-on box during month 2 that includes paper for that month's pages
- Month 3:
- In month 3 we will work on additional pages for our album
- Home, Recipes
- Bucket List
- You will receive a small add-on box during month 3 that includes paper for that month's pages
- Product used in this project:
- Teal Simple Stories Binder Album + extra page protectors
- Go the Scenic Route Paper Collection by Paige Evans for American Crafts
- Embellishments including Stickers, Chipboard, Die Cuts, Ribbon, Twine, Enamel shapes, and a charm
- Custom die cut titles
- Custom downloadable journaling cards
- Digital Instructions
- We will cover several topics each month ... for example:
- Favorite things
- What makes me happy/sad
- My favorite recipe this month
- The world around me
- Things I'm grateful for
- Books I'm reading. TV shows I love
- My greatest accomplishment
- Family, Friends, Pets
- more ...