Hi everyone! I'm so glad you stopped by the blog today. I have another mini album project to share with you that's "berry sweet". This one is adorably small, an accordion style, and filled with lots of fun pockets and tags. Below, I give you all the details and instructions so you can make it too!
I created this little cutie with the Simple Stories, Vintage Berry Fields Collection (product links below). These pretty papers and embellishments include strawberries, cherries, vintage receipts & tickets,
mason jars, butterflies, doilies, and flowers. And since this album unfolds, I added a red gingham ribbon to keep it secure.
I love the 2.75"x 3.75" mini size of this. I think it would be the sweetest little gift for someone. Perfect for a friend, mom, sister, teacher, grandma, or your daughter. It may be small in size but it's huge in sentiment!
Here's what it looks like unfolded. On one side, there are 8 small pockets that each have a tag tucked inside for pictures or journaling. On the other side, there are 8 scrapbook pages for photos.
I designed this so the pockets fit the element tags that come in this collection perfectly. I love that they are a bit taller than the album so when it's closed, you can see them peeking out the top.
I added a few fun stickers to some of the pockets. The strawberry is from the 12x12 sticker sheet and I added a pop dot on the back side for dimension.
This picture shows the other side of the album. Each page is covered in a different print and makes a perfect little photo mat.
I even added a lined card from the 12x12 journaling elements. It's a great spot to document dates, names, locations, events, or ... simply add a sweet note.
Here are some ideas for gift giving...
- Send to your college-aged daughter or granddaughter for photos of friends, sorority events, her dorm, and other fun activities
- Give it to a new mom or grandma as a mini brag book
- Great teacher gift
- Perfect for a friend or co-worker's birthday
- Or ... add photos of your beloved pet
- Measure and cut 2 pieces of card stock that are 12" wide x 5 1/4" high.
- Score across the 12" side at 2 3/4", 5 1/2", 8 1/4", and 11".
- Turn the card stock on to the 5 1/4” side and score at 3 3/4”. This line will be the pocket that folds up.
- Trim the left over 1" off of just one of the pieces
- Adhere the two strips together on the remaining 1" tab.
- Then, the really fun part ... add ribbon, pattern paper, tags, and embellishments!
And there ya go! Not hard at all. I hope you'll give this little cutie a try. It's such a fun, little creative project. Happy scrappin'!
Blog * Shop * Facebook * Instagram * Pinterest