Happy Friday scrappers! I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season and you're finding some time to be creative because I have a gorgeous NEW kit for you. Next Wednesday, Dec 21st is the first official day of winter, so ... today's album is all about the upcoming season. It's called Joys of Winter and it's just beautiful. Below, I've also created a bucket list of fun activities that create great memories & photos opportunities.
I designed this with a 6x8 robin's egg blue Simple Stories binder and the wonderful Simple Stories, Winter Woods Collection. It has a pretty color palette with cool icy blues, soft taupe, pretty rose, and winter whites.
Did you notice I added 3 white acrylic snowflakes to the cover? I made these custom embellishments and I love how they (and the little brads) add some dimension to the front.
This album has 12 pages that include 3 pockets, 1 fold-out page and 3 flippies, the album kit also includes an additional 7 divided page protectors, so there’s space for at least 60 photos!
It's elegant, a bit more sophisticated, and has beautiful images of winter landscapes, birds, deer, snowflakes, wood grain patterns, plaids, stripes and polka dots.
This is a perfect album for photos of family, friends, a vacation, and winter fun. If you need more specific activity ideas, I created a list for you! Add photos of ...
- Christmas, New Year's Eve, and all your holiday memories
- Snow tagging - create amazing designs in the freshly fallen snow of your front yard, a local or national park, a farm, or a school. Use your hands or feet to create designs, patterns, and drawings in the snow. Or, leave an uplifting message to brighten someone's day.
- Your loved ones bundled up in winter clothes with rosy cheeks
- A Polar Bear Plunge - this
is an event where you submerge your body into a chilling water
typically to raise money for a charitable organization, but sometimes
just for fun! Feeling brave? Strip down to your skivvies and try it for a good cause ... then hit the hot tub!
- A winter family photo shoot with a snow covered landscape
- A winter vacation like ... an Alaskan cruise, a ski trip, a cabin in the mountains, a weekend in the city, or a trip to a National Park
- Skiing, sledding, snowboarding, tubing, ice skating, ice hockey, dog sledding, or ice fishing
- Take a crisp winter hike and take photos along the way of the beautiful landscape
- Snow painting - mix water & food coloring ... then put it in a spray bottle or use a paint brush and a cup. You and your kids will love creating outdoor artwork
- A bejeweled treasure hunt - fill an ice cube tray with water and a couple drops of food coloring in each mold. Put the tray in the freezer and once they're frozen, the ice cubes will look like gems. Hide them around the yard and let your loved ones go on a treasure hunt
- A backyard bonfire - invite friends and family, roast marshmallows, make smores, drink hot chocolate (or a hot toddy!), and enjoy a starry night!
- Baking and decorating holiday cookies, learning an old family recipe from mom, baking bread, or creating a gingerbread house
- A movie or game night with family or friends, gather cozy blankets and make popcorn
- Craft time! When it's chilly outside, call your friends for an afternoon of scrapbooking, crafting, knitting, quilting, or candle-making
- Visit a museum, try an escape room, see a play, or go bowling
- Sign up for a cooking class or take ballroom dancing lessons
So many good activities!!
This "Joys of Winter" Album is available in my shop as a kit or premade. With all of these great activities, you're bound to have lots of fun memories and photos to scrap. Time for the next fun album kit!
Blog * Facebook * Instagram * Pinterest