When folded the album looks like this (and yes, I love the Chit Chat pieces so much that I bought several packages so that I could have 5 XOXO's on the cover, LOL).
Here are a few of the waterfall flip pages ...
I love those little sprinkles "BEARY" much!
Here are some basic instructions for making a folio album like this. For simplicity, I didn't include directions for placement of each pattern paper or embellishment. That's where you can add your creative touch, but all of the measurements are included :) Have fun!
XOXO Waterfall Folio Tutorial
12x12 Black card stock:
- Cut black card stock to 9” x 12”.
- Position card stock on your score board so that the 12” width is at the top.
- Score the card stock across left to right at .5”, 5.5”, 6.5” and 11.5”.
- Turn the paper 1/4 turn to the left and score at .5” and 8.5”.
- Trim out the corners as shown below.
12x12 Medium Weight Chipboard:
- Cut chipboard into 3 pieces — 8” x 4 3/4” (2), and 8”x 1”.
- Adhere the chipboard pieces to the black card stock as shown. Be sure to leave some space between each piece so that the album cover will fold properly.
- Adhere the folds of the black card stock down on the chipboard.
12x12 Black Card stock:
- Cut black card stock to 10 3/4” x 7 3/4”.
- Adhere this piece over the chipboard on the inside of your album cover, making sure to crease the card stock so that it folds at the spine.
12x12 Yellow Heart Side of the Waffley Cute paper:
- Cut the yellow paper for the inside cover — 4 5/8” x 7 3/4” (2), and 1” x 7 3/4”.
- Adhere them inside the cover as shown.
12x12 I’m Daisy About You paper / 12x12 Black Card Stock / Ribbon:
- Cut the blue paper for the outside cover — 4 5/8” x 7 3/4” (2).
- Cut another piece of blue paper to 4” x 4 1/4”. Set aside.
- Adhere the blue paper to the outside cover as shown.
- Adhere three 20” pieces of ribbon across the center of the cover.
- Cut black card stock — 4 1/4” x 7 1/2” (2)
- Adhere the black card stock over the blue pattern and ribbon as shown.
12x12 Plaid About You paper:
- Cut plaid paper — 4” x 7 1/4” (2)
- Adhere the plaid paper to the center of the black card stock.
Cut Black Card stock:
- 4” x 7 1/2” — base of waterfall
- 3 1/2” x 5” (2) — photo mats in pocket
- 4” x 4 1/2” (7) scored at 1/2” to create seven 4x4 squares.
- 4 1/4” x 4 1/2” — pocket (see next set of instructions to complete pocket)
Create the Pocket:
- To trim the corner of the black card stock for the pocket, measure 3/4″ over from the left hand top edge and make a mark.
- From the right hand bottom edge, measure up 3/4″ and make a mark.
- Draw a line from mark to mark and cut off the corner piece.
- Locate the blue paper you set aside earlier. Lay the blue side up and match the long and short sides of the blue sheet, with the long and short sides of the black pocket piece.
- Once you are sure you have the correct sides matched up, measure 1/2″ over from the left hand top edge and make a mark. From the right hand bottom edge, measure up 1/2″ and make a mark.
- Draw a line from mark to mark and cut off the corner piece. Adhere the black and blue pieces together.
- Adhere the pocket to the inside left panel of your album ... be sure to put adhesive on the left and bottom sides only so that your photo mats will slide behind.
Assemble the Waterfall pieces:
- Apply glue to the scored and folded tab of each 4x4 square. Adhere the first “tab” along the top edge of the waterfall base.
- Adhere the second square by lining the “tab” up along the bottom edge of the previous tab. Be sure not to overlap the edge of the previous square. See arrow.
- Adhere the waterfall element to the inside right panel of your album.
6x6 So Punny Paper Pad:
- Cut pattern paper for each of the squares — 3 3/4” x 3 3/4” (15)
- Cut pattern paper for the spaces in between the squares — 3/8” x 3 3/4” (7)
- Cut pattern paper for the mats that are tucked into the pocket — 3 1/4” x 4 3/4” (2)
I hope this gives you the measurements and basic instructions for creating this cute mini! Have fun mixing and matching papers and embellishments ... that's always my favorite part!
Affiliate links are used in this post at no additional cost to you. I receive a small amount of compensation when you click through and shop using the provided links (Note: my Artsy Albums shop is not an affiliate link). This helps me to continue building my small business. Thank you!
Until next time ... happy crafting!